Monday, October 29, 2007

"Where Is My Mind?"

"Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself. Being true to anyone else or anything else is not only impossible, but the mark of a fake messiah."

"You are always free to change your mind and choose a different future, or a different past."

Two Richard Bach quotes. Which holds more truth?

Recently I agree with both wholeheartedly. Trying to start a fire with matches takes more time than a lighter, just as a meaningful relationship that isn't rushed into does. I feel so nostalgic that taking my time and waiting for something exciting to happen seems to be the thing to do. It's a discission I feel I am obligated to make. Too much rushing around has got my mind reeling. I'm swimming in a sea of false perception and the only figure I can make out in the murk is his lanky body. I believe he is free to change is past, but will he do it for me?

No comments: